Tuesday, March 1, 2016

highlights from week 2 at TLC

This post will just be some highlights from the past week... Enjoy.

- received a package last week with cookies and other goodies!

- thankful week two has gone much better for me than the first week. I feel much more settled in and having more fun, amidst the crazy/chaos. :)

- I have enjoyed getting to know the other volunteers more. A couple nights ago I had some good conversations over a glass of wine before bed. 

- finished a book I was reading here a few days ago... Just a novel, for fun.

- watched the Martian with a couple of the girls last week.

- I have enjoyed lots of time in the Nest (with the newborns and smallest babies). I'm falling in love with a new little guy who arrived last Wednesday. When he smiles he crinkles his nose in the most adorable way.

- I saw beautiful stars last night!

- I had a day off on Thursday and had time to go for a run, do laundry, enjoy eggs and coffee, and read and write some letters. Thankful for the time to refuel mind, body, and spirit. 

- sharing giggles with the toddlers while we play outside in the water on a hot afternoon.

- face timing with two of my sisters was such a spirit lifter last weekend! 

- been trying to rise 30 mins earlier in the mornings to read scripture and have something to eat to get my day started (it's not always easy waking at 5.15 but so worth the quiet time).

- "teamwork makes the dream work" - we are short-staffed most days but somehow we pull together and get through the day... Usually though with some tears, from the kiddos and us adults too. (If you're at all interested in coming here to help, please email or Facebook me. They could really use more hands and hearts to love these kiddos!!)

With love, cil.

Below are a few pictures from the week: