Thursday, September 22, 2016

I will give thanks in...


A bible study I was doing in Psalms from She Reads Truth back in January prompted me to write out various thanksgivings in different joys & struggles in life. I wrote answers to these back on 01/25/16.

I decided to go back and do it again today 09/22/16, and here's what I got...

I will give thanks in:

-this joyful thing: marrying Doug one month from today!

-this suffering: seeing family struggle

-this certainty: God is the same yesterday, today, forever.

-this stress: Moving and finishing wedding preparations

-this injustice: world orphan and AIDS crisis

-this sorrow: continue to see growth for my sister Promise in her life with mental illness

-this plenty: living (primarily) on savings the past 8 months and seeing how God has stretched my resources

-this want: to grow in Christ and have a soft heart. And to have my family together again soon!

-this wandering: ridding my mind of false thinking

-this waiting: to be near Doug again (soon!)