Monday, January 18, 2016

Home

a place to rest and feel safe. A place that is beautiful (to you) and that has been created into a nest. A place to just be you. A place to invite friends, family, and strangers into. A place to be warm.

Home. I'll miss mine while I'm away this winter. It's good to have someplace like home to come back to after a long day or after traveling around town, or the world. Even though I'm looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead, I know I'll miss home and things about it and the people there.

Have been home all day today. It's been so good for my soul. So needed to just be at home. I made granola today, did three loads of laundry, worked on trip details, planned my menu for the week, started packing, laid on the couch, read, rested, talked to a couple sisters who called on the phone... It's been nice.  I'm so very thankful!

I love home... And await my Home above too.